Wednesday, August 28, 2013

There's Something About Revlon Mad About Mango!

Revlon Scented Nail Polish - Mad about Mango

As I am still in my coral craze phase- I cant resist a pretty coral- Its been a while since I had this- but its a funny story- here it goes...
So even when I had a similar more orangey 'siren' (also from revlon) I still had my eyes on this one..... so after much internal reasoning about how I did not need this......dilly-dallying.... wishfully looking at my thumb swatch for a few days- how pretty coral it looked-  I decided I had to get one myself. Now when I went to my neighbourhood shop (who gives some discount on all my beauty buys) it was out of stock.... ditto on my next visit.... Suddenly I had to have it...U all know this- when its hard to get- its suddenly so much more desirable!!! Applies to boyfriends, girlfriends, the last pair of shoes in you like, that dress you were eyeing just when some girl takes it........ and also some pretty Nail polish too!:P
So on my next visit to the mall- I finally laid my hands on this precious bottle.
RIP!

 Price- Rs. 150

 Quantity- 8ml

 What does the company Say:
Revlon’s exclusive silk-protein shield works to instantly help even out the surface of the nail while rising above color to automatically smooth away bubbles, streaks and brush marks. UV absorbers protect color – ensuring it won’t fade during wear. 

Available in 16 shades.

 Swatches:
Revlon Mad About Mango- 2 coats

Revlon Mad about Mango- With flash

Indoor Light

 Yay's 

  • A pretty shade- in trend and would suit most indian skin tones.
  • Reasonable at Rs150
  • Scented- Though I wonder how it helps anyone..... perhaps if u like smelling ur nails?! ewwww


 Nay's 

  • The formula and/or the brush is disappointing..... streaky application mars the final effect
  • I like the colour it gives in one coat(but its streaky) and on second coat- its more neon than I would like-u can see it is more neon than it appears in the bottle.

Last Word:
Love the colour but I wish the formula was better- and please get rid of that awful brush! Life is too short to waste on  trying to reapply the same nail thrice!!! Although I found the normal version's similar brush working ok.... so maybe its just the formula!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...