Sunday, October 9, 2011

To buy or Not to buy.... Maybelline Colorsensational Lipsticks !


Maybelline Colorsensational Lipsticks- Pink Plaza & Yummy Plummy

Price- Rs. 299/-


Quantity- 4.2g

What does the company Say:
  • Crisper color from pure pigments. Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
  • Lipcolor so rich, so stunning… it’s sensational
  • 33 Captivating Shades
Swatches:
Cute Packaging !




Pink Plaza - A soft mauvey- pink
Yummy Plummy - Looks nice plum on lips (MLBB for pigmented lips)
Left- Pink Plaza, Right - Yummy Plummy

Yay's
  • Cute Packaging with transparent caps representing the colour family of the lipstick - Pink  for pinks and  Purple for plums etc.
  • Affordable at 299/-
  • Many-many shades to choose from
  • Rich pigmentation with good colour pay-off
  • Mild fragrance which is not overpowering and fades away.
  • Made in USA (Thankfully No China this time!)
Nay's
  • Personally - I found them a bit dry on my lips... something about their 'texture' just doesn't feel right to me - I prefer moisture extreme lippies anyday (texture-wise!). I tried 3 shades (I have 'make me pink' too!) to see if it wasn't just a particular shade - but I find the same problem in all.
  • The fragrance may not be liked by all
The Last Word:

A sleekly packed product which falls a little sort of my expectations. I know lots of people love them.... I can see there are many reasons why... It gives good value fro money for sure!!!!
Many good shades to choose from... good pricing... Definitely you should try one to see if you like them!

I feel like picking up many-many more shades BUT ...I know I won't be using them a lot.....
I wish Maybelline launches the 'Colorsensational Shine' range too here (they seem like the more glossier, moisturizing version!!!) I would definitely want to pick those!

What did you think about these?? Anything you would like maybelline to change??
I would like more shades in moisture extreme please!! (I don't care what packaging they come in!)

6 comments:

  1. Yummy Plummy looks really pretty!
    I didn't buy the Color sensational lipstick for the longest time, because I wasn't sure about the fragrance.
    But I decided to give it a shot and the fragrance thankfully isn't overpowering fades quickly & is not discernible.
    Moisture wise I don't really have any complaint.I compared pigmentation of the color sensational range with Moisture extreme, but Moisture extreme has poorer pigmentation,slides off quickly and honestly the packaging is too dated..reminds me off lippies I picked like a decade back,so I kind of prefer these..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yummy plummy and I love it. it really suits me and honestly i really love maybelline colorsensational lippies

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ indian beauty central - They are indeed pretty - no wonder I gave in to temptation 3 times! :)
    It's not like they are drying... but they just don't feel as smooth/buttery as I like my lipsticks to be!I guess its a queer personal thing I have - lipsticks have to 'feel' right on my lips... I've had this problem with even clinique etc.

    Love the colours though - keep them outside hoping they melt a little!! :D

    I like Moisture extremes better even with their dated packaging and Ughh shades now! :P
    but yeah CS are better in pigmentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ anju - I love yummy plummy too - its a pretty colour!

    @ Bhumika - I hated pink plaza initially (I think I was tanned and it washed me out!) now it looks better... or else I put a lil gloss - always makes a lippie better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...