Friday, October 7, 2011

Lakme Enrich Satins Lipstick 129 - Review & Swatches!

Lakme Enrich Satins Lipstick - 129

Its my most recent purchase of a Lakme lipstick... I also Bought  Lakme day perfect lipcolor in Apricot nectar & 2 lip love conditioners (will review them soon!)


I liked these lipsticks but always preferred maybelline moisture extreme for better colours and their feel on lips! With Maybelline neglecting their moisture extreme range (my staple)- I was forced outside my comfort zone ... Bought this - first time I applied it - I didnt like it -was too brownish for me.
I tried it a second time recently... with a lighter hand....this time it looked better (that hint of peach I was looking for was detectable!  Thank GOD!)

I think a lip balm under it will give the best results... :)

Price- Rs. 225/-

Quantity- 4g (I think)

What does the company Say: 

Cast a spell in satin. Rich color takes life in a luxuriously creamy stick that brings satin to your lips.
Enriched with sunscreens, vitamins and the goodness of olives, your lips will have a story to share. Indulge in a pod of beautiful shades ranging from floral pinks to shimmering peaches.

Swatches:


Lakme engraving - nice touch



looks so pretty here....


Yay's
  • Affordable pricing
  • Smooth & moisturizing to apply (quite like maybelline moisture extreme - my FAV's)
  • Large number of shades available
  • Established & trusted brand
  • Unrelated BUT In my wedding makeup haul - most items were from Lakme (their bridal collection was awesome that year!)
Nay's
  • I bought this when I had to RETURN my original purchase shade no.127 ( the last they had!)- which was sealed but all damaged inside.... thankfully the SA exchanged it without a problem.
  • Over the time of usage - I do find some grainy particles in some lipsticks... like un-dissolved wax particles or something- again not a good thing - I never had this problem with maybelline!
  • Most shades are plain boring...hopefully the absolute range will change this! (though at a higher price!!!)
The Last Word:
They are our old-time stalwarts.... they have given me some gems over these years.... my perfect bridal red lipstick, my FAV earth rose trio blush, My Chanel lookalike tweed patterned eyeshadows(all broken now!)...
Their lipstick feels good on the lips- BUT.... I wish they would introduce more fun shades.... peaches, corals, magenta and so on... Enough to say that This is one of the 2-3 shades I found interesting enuf to buy!

Do you have a lakme favourite??

4 comments:

  1. hey i've the same shade and in love with it these days, wear it just about everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty shade..I love the 132..a MLBB shade for me..I hav seen all absolute ones..and they are definitely much better formula wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ vanity - yeah i am liking this too nowadays!!

    @Bhumika- I saw 132 too - was afraid it would wash me out - Do you have a review/swatch of it??
    Waiting for absolute to launch!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to Buy Lipstick Online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics/lips/lipstick.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...